At Olympia London we pride ourselves on our award-winning customer service.
Our staff are dedicated to working together in partnership with our organisers, and ensuring the best possible visitor experience.
Our approach is defined by our values of Care, Commitment, Passion, Respect and Trust.
Located in Kensington, Olympia London’s stunning buildings have created unforgettable settings for events, exhibitions and conferences. We are recognised within the events industry for exceptional levels of customer service, support and our numerous awards are a testament to our clients' satisfaction.
The home of inspirational events, Olympia London opened its doors in 1886. Established as one of the UK’s leading event centres, the venue welcomes more than 1.6million visitors each year.
In addition to 133 years of history and heritage, Olympia London is a prime choice for events, making it the capital’s busiest venue. Hosting an enviable portfolio of 220 exhibitions, conferences and corporate events, it annually contributes £1.2bn to the UK economy.
Recruiting: Conference & Event Co-ordinator
We are looking for a Conference & Event Co-ordinator, the position will be on a fixed term basis for a minimum of one year.
This role acts as the main point of contact for organisers to ensure that all allocated events are run in accordance with the venue’s regulations and procedures. The Conference & Event Co-ordinator will make sure that customers’ requirements are effectively specified and communicated to all relevant parties. They will work closely with other members of the Venue Management Department, other departments and service partners to deliver support services to the customer in a safe, efficient, timely and customer focussed manner.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with excellent communication and organisation skills. Previous event management experience is essential for this role, together with health and safety awareness to IOSH Managing Safely level and experience of licensing legislation.
The successful candidate must be willing to work flexibly to fit in with the events calendar at Olympia London.
For the full job description or to apply (please include a full CV) email email@example.com quoting Conference & Event Co-ordinator in the subject line.
Closing date 22 January 2020.
Recruiting: Head of Marketing & Communications
Objectives: Retention, Acquisition, Brand building
- To develop and forge strong working relationships between Marketing & Communications, and other departments.
- To create a comprehensive Marketing and Communications plan that is in line with the business strategy and annual budget.
- To create brand led marketing campaigns to generate sales leads and promote awareness of all business streams.
- To ensure maximum exposure of the company brand identity both internally and externally.
- To manage all internal and external communications in line with the overarching Marketing & Communication plan.
- To oversee all marketing channels including company website, social media platforms in line with company policy.
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships in conjunction with the Commercial team.
- Retain existing clients through providing comprehensive Marketing and Communications support.
- To develop any research programme which provide knowledge of the event industry or markets which we operate in.
▪ To manage the day to day effectiveness of the Marketing & Communications team including individual development and outputs.
▪ To oversee delivery of the venue marketing plan in line with the company strategy.
▪ To deliver multi-channel campaigns to support the business objectives.
▪ Responsible for out-of-hours crisis communications cover (24/7, 365)
▪ To ensure effective internal communications through our existing communication channels.
▪ To manage external PR in line with the Marketing and Communications plan and sign off processes.
▪ Management of Association relationships and strategic partnerships.
▪ Manage supplier, client and journalist relationships.
▪ To identify and evaluate any areas of risk and to propose the necessary contingency to manage effectively.
▪ Reporting to Director level the outputs from the team.
▪ Maximise the Marketing & Communications budget to meet company objectives.
▪ Recruitment and resource management.
The ideal candidate for this post will have a degree in a relevant subject or the equivalent in experience.
You must demonstrate previous experience of managing a multi-functional marketing and communications team and have adequate knowledge of the industry within which Olympia London operates and how this impacts the organisation’s marketing and communication strategy.
Your experience working with internal and external partners is essential as is your ability to work across a wide range of projects supporting other Olympia London teams. You will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish a rapport, build relationships and influence others effectively. As the Head of a team you must be personally credible with a professional demeanour and be able to set yourself and others challenging objectives. We are looking for an individual with gravitas who is willing to develop and champion their team.
If you can demonstrate Olympia London’s values of Passion, Care, Trust, Respect, Commitment and have the drive and ambition for this challenging but rewarding role then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th January 2020 along with your salary expectations and notice period.
Recruiting: Learning & Development & Wellbeing Advisor (part time)
Future plans are for Olympia London to be transformed through a £1bn investment into a world leading arts, events entertainment and experiential district, to be enjoyed for the next 130 years and beyond. See olympia.london/future for more information.
About the role
During 2019 Olympia London launched a new personal and professional development programme ‘Fit for the Future’, designed to assist us all to feel better equipped to deal with the future. At the core of the programme is a desire to become more resilient to change in both our work and personal lives, also covering providing the tools to assist us as we prepare for the coming redevelopment and key wellbeing initiatives in cooperation with the wellbeing committee.
The Learning & Development & Wellbeing Advisor is an exciting new role which has been created to progress and embed the Fit for the Future programme. Reporting to the Head of HR, the role will provide support to co-ordinate, drive and implement the Learning & Development offer and support wellbeing initiatives.
We are looking for someone with strong prior L&D administration experience capable of building effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver to deadlines together with knowledge of key wellbeing concepts and enthusiasm and passion for L&D.
The role will be part time, working 25 hours a week, exact working hours arrangements will be agreed individually.
For the full job description or to apply please contact HR at email@example.com.
Closing date 24 January 2020.
We employ some of the most exceptional talents in the industry and regularly update this page with current vacancies. Keep in touch and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest company news and job opportunities.
Be the first to know
Sign up for the latest event news, exclusive ticket offers, and much more... straight to your inbox.
Are you interested in: