Our Grand Plan
At Olympia London, sustainability has always sat at the heart of what we do. In 2017, a team of passionate people from across our company came together to form our sustainability working group. We call it The Grand Plan.
Our Grand Plan is not just about ‘green’ initiatives. Its ultimate goal is to leave a positive impact through all that we do. This includes our work with the The Earls Court & Olympia Charitable Trust in the local community.
Areas of focus
Making a difference
- Olympia London has sent zero to landfill over the last decade
- In 2021, we were one of the first UK events companies to sign up to Net Zero Carbon Events initiative
- We provide our event organisers with a post-event sustainability report showing results and opportunities for improvement year on year
- Our Diversity and Inclusion Working Group will implement initiatives to make the company more inclusive, and support D&I across the industry
- We invest in staff wellness through a Well-being Working Group, covering physical and mental health, as well as financial resilience
- Our Grand Plan Report demonstrates our achievements and shares our learnings with the industry
- We partner local charities like Barons Court Project to take an active role in our community
London Venue & Catering Awards
Sustainability Award 2022
AEO Excellence Awards
Sustainability Initiative Award 2022
Guardians of Grub supporter
Olympia London is proud to be a supporting partner of Guardians of Grub because we recognise the importance of collaborating across our industry to make best use of our resources, reduce food waste, and reduce carbon emissions.