Whether you're cooking for family or taking part in a virtual dinner party, our new catering partner, HOST Olympia London have got you covered. Wow your family with this delicious and easy to follow indonsian Nasi Goreng.
- 300g Cooked rice
- 100g Cooked chicken
- 75g Shredded vegetables (cabbage & carrot for example)
- 2 Shallotts, peeled
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 Red chilli
- 25ml Shrimp paste or sambal
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 35g Cucumber
- 1 Spring onion
- 10g Crispy onions Ketchup Manis (or use dark soy if you can’t get Manis)
- 25ml Vegetable oil
- Take the shallot, garlic, shrimp paste and chilli and blend to a paste in a food processor or use a pestle and mortar.
- In a hot frying pan or wok cook the egg in the hot oil, allowing it to set in the pan before breaking it up with a spatula and frying in in strips, once cooked and golden brown move to the side of the pan.
- Next cook the shredded veg in the same pan, stir frying until golden, toss with the egg, then making a little room in the pan add the paste and cook for 30 seconds. Toss everything together.
- Add the cooked chicken and the rice and continue to stir fry until very hot, pour in the ketcup manis and mix well before turning it all out onto a plate.
- Garnish with the cucumber, spring onion, crispy shallots and lime.
Want to see a chef do it and follow along in real time? Cook along with the talented Jeremey Ford here.
Looking for more food inspiration? Discover the full cookbook here.