Olympia London: the next 130 years.
At Olympia London, we are looking to position our iconic 133-year-old venue as a global force in arts, entertainment, exhibitions and events. A total of £1bn of private funds, financed by our owners Yoo Capital and Deutsche Finance, are being invested towards this.
Our vision is to create a centre for creativity and innovation that will celebrate our heritage while ensuring we have a world-class events space for generations to come.
Following a series of public consultations, and working closely with Hammersmith and Fulham Council, we submitted a planning application detailing our proposed enhancements in September 2018. We are delighted to confirm it has been fully approved on the 30th January 2019. As the next step in the planning process, our teams are now working on the phasing of construction.
The project includes:
• Two new major artistic venues incorporating a 1,000 seat performing arts space and a 1,500 seat theatre
• A four-screen arthouse cinema
• 10,000sqft of performance and rehearsal space free for local charities to use
• A new jazz-club style restaurant and venue
• Office space designed for creatives and media companies
• 2.5 acres of pedestrianised public space, including squares, streets and a sky garden
• New cafés, hotels, restaurants and shops
In addition to these features, the application includes proposals for a logistics centre and investment in a cutting-edge logistics management system that will help reduce exhibition congestion substantially.
The proposed changes will also enable the creation of new jobs and involve plans to establish long-term partnerships with schools and education providers, supporting apprenticeships and work experience opportunities.
To read the news in full, click here.
For media enquiries, please contact our appointed agency ThreeSixty > firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the first to know
Sign up for the latest event news, exclusive ticket offers, and much more... straight to your inbox.
Are you interested in: