Olympia London: the next 130 years.
At Olympia London, we are looking to position our iconic 130-year-old exhibition centre as a global force in arts, entertainment, exhibitions and events. A total of £700m of private funds, financed by our owners Yoo Capital and Deutsche Finance, are being invested towards this.
Our vision is to create a centre for creativity and innovation that will celebrate our heritage while ensuring we have a world-class events space for generations to come.
Following a series of public consultations, and working closely with Hammersmith and Fulham Council, we submitted a planning application detailing our proposed enhancements in September 2018. We are delighted to confirm it has now been validated and – as the next step in the planning process – the application is currently available for comments from members of the public.
The application includes:
• Two new major artistic venues incorporating a 1,000 seat performing arts space and a 1,500 seat theatre
• A four-screen arthouse cinema
• 10,000sqft of performance and rehearsal space free for local charities to use
• A new jazz-club style restaurant and venue
• Office space designed for creatives and media companies
• 2.5 acres of pedestrianised public space, including squares, streets and a sky garden
• New cafés, hotels, restaurants and shops
In addition to these features, the application includes proposals for a logistics centre and investment in a cutting-edge logistics management system that will help reduce exhibition congestion substantially.
The proposed changes will also enable the creation of new jobs and involve plans to establish long-term partnerships with schools and education providers, supporting apprenticeships and work experience opportunities.
Find out more here> olympia.london/sharethefuture