On Friday 11 March, Olympia London’s managing director Nigel Nathan, paid a visit to Avonmore Primary School to officialise a donation which will enable pupils to go on a school trip to remember. Nigel is also an associate governor of the school.
Nestled in the heart of Kensington Olympia area, Avonmore is a vibrant, multi-cultural entry school and nursery located only a few minutes’ walk from the venue. The school is filled with bright and curious pupils and focus on helping children to become responsible global citizens, take an active role in their local community and encourage them to develop a curiosity for life-long learning.
Some of the school’s initiatives aim to enhance pupils’ wellbeing and self-esteem. One of them is a much-anticipated trip to the Isle of Wight which will include activities such as climbing, abseiling, kayaking, navigation and teamwork skills.
To help ensure all children get to attend, Olympia London has donated £5,000 via the Earls Court & Olympia Charitable Trust. Nigel Nathan from Olympia London met pupils and Deputy Head Dan Brown to officialise the donation: “It’s great to be able help this wonderful school in the heart of our community that strives to give its pupils a great start, and futures full of possibility”, said Nigel.
Olympia London has had a long relationship with Avonmore Primary School having been able to make previous donations and welcomed pupils at the venue.
For this particular project, the funds were made available by The Earls Court & Olympia Charitable Trust, which objective is to provide for the following, especially in the local area:
• the relief of persons in need, hardship, sickness or distress
• the furtherance of education
• the provision of recreational facilities in the interests of social welfare
• the promotion for the public benefit of urban or rural regeneration in areas of social and economic deprivation
• the relief of unemployment for the public benefit and provision of training, especially among unemployed people and
• the protection or conservation for the public benefit of the environment
In addition to the charitable trust, Olympia London supports local charities such as Barons Court Project as a charity partner.